Supplier Innovation Challenge
The Magna Powertrain Supplier Innovation Challenge is a global idea competition, where serial as well as new potential suppliers can submit their ideas outside of the standard RFQ process. Idea scope can be a first rough idea, an out-of-the-box thinking or a creative concept for products, processes, technologies, materials or applications. This initiative encourages an early supplier involvement and co-engineering process as well as fosters the co-development of innovative products, with the final aim of having a successful future long-term cooperation.
The next Supplier Innovation Challenge will take place in Q2/2023.
If you want to receive further information about the upcoming challenge, please send an email to supplierinnovationchallenge.valentin.mpt(at)magna.com.
SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
- Current suppliers
- Known companies from our existing global strategic supply base
- Potential future and prospective suppliers
Please go to SUBMIT YOUR IDEA and fill in the form and upload your concept. After submission we will review your idea and get back to you as soon as possible.
We are looking for new, creative and breakthrough ideas or concepts for products, processes, technologies, materials and applications in the different categories.
- Possible future long-term cooperation with Magna
- Possible resource sharing (labs, test benches, trial fields, software, engineering, etc.)
- Presence on the Supplier Innovation Day
- Supplier Innovation Award
The Supplier Innovation Day is the final event of the Magna Supplier Innovation Challenge. All finalists are invited to present their core competence and products as well as their submissions to our MPT engineering experts. This event facilitates networking activities and builds long-lasting business connections while it engages in discussions and exchanges insights. Additionally the winners of the challenge will be announced and the Supplier Innovation Challenge Award will be handed over.
- Non-Disclosure to third party!
- Magna Powertrain remarks that the responsibility to protect own Intellectual Property of ideas presented to Magna during the competition or presentation is with the Supplier
- Supplier shall not claim ownership of Magna IP developed by Magna in parallel and independent from supplier input